|148th PVI Company C||
If you are interested in becoming a member, would like more information on us, or would just like to comment on this site, you can email us by clicking the links below (please include a subject for your email).
Webmaster/Membership Liaison Email Ed Glantz
Emeritus Membership Liaison Email Willard Dixon
MINIMUM AGE FOR MEMBERSHIP?
No age limit to join, though you must be at least 16 to participate in battles. Minors not yet 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at events.
Members are either civilian or military. Military reenactors participate in drill and battles. Civilian (men and women) reenactors pursue a wide variety of roles. Younger members may participate simply as children, or as a flag bearer or musician.
WHAT ARE MEMBERSHIP EXPENSES?
Typically reenactors assemble a basic uniform or costume (and accouterments) within a year. Membership dues begin after successful completion of a probation period, and are used to cover group expenses, including insurance.
WHAT ARE THE EVENTS?
Reenactments, dedications, parades, living histories, memorial servicesand fund raising activities.
1. Four button, dark blue sack coat or nine button (front) infantry coat
2. Sky blue wool foot pattern trousers
3. Enlisted man's dark blue wool forage cap. (Kepi is NOT a Forage cap. Kepi is smaller, and has a stiffener to hold top forward at an angle.)
4. Shirt (wood buttons).
5. Black leather US M1851 Jefferson Brogans with steel heel protectors
6. Suspenders (optional)
1. US M1855 or US M1842 .69 cal black leather cartridge box with double tin inserts
2. Black leather shoulder strap for cartridge box with round, brass eagle plate
3. US M1850 black leather cap box
4. US M1839 or US M1856 black leather infantry belt with oval, brass US buckle
5. US black leather bayonet scabbard and belt frogg
6. US M1855 oval brass, US cartridge box plate
1. US M1858 or US bulls-eye canteen
2. US Civil War period haversack (preferably painted black)
3. US M1862 or M1864 shelter tent/ or wedge tent
Weapons and Accessories
1. Three band reproduction US M1861 Springfield rifle musket. In addition, the Spencer rifle may be used in certain events (was issued to the 148th PVI towards the end of the war).
2. Appropriate triangular bayonet
3. Russet or natural finished leather musket sling
4. Gunpowder, percussion caps, gun cleaning kit, etc.
Photographs Copyright Edward J. Glantz (or member indicated)